Wine Making Time!

1
It's wine making time again!  Every year I try to make at least one batch from the fruit we have growing around our home.  Last year was chokecherry, and this year it is plum.   We had tons of plums this year, so we picked them a little early and brought them inside to ripen to keep some of the more opportunistic critters from getting to them.  I boiled them with a bit of water and a teaspoon of lemon juice for about 15 minutes to create the juice.  I squeezed the rest out using cheesecloth and set it up in my gallon jug.  Add yeast and put the airlock on -- you can see the yeast in action in this photo.  Once the bubbles die down I will decant into bottles and seal it up until next spring.  Cheers!

-- Francine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Walnuts and what to do with them!

Choiceless Awareness...Thoughts on Meditation