Hello lovely readers!  As you can see from the posts below, Terri is the writer here. However, I wanted to post something at the launch of our new endeavor.  I was thinking about winter, and how symbolic it has been for mine and Terri's lives for the last few years.  Changes with life circumstances, with jobs, with our friendship itself froze us in place for a while.     For me, winter is the season of the Crone, who rules over the sleeping earth, the goddess of the crossroads, of the hibernating potential,  the one who invites us to follow her underground for a time to rest.  I looked at my biography that I wrote for this blog several years (!!!) ago now and wondered, how much of it is still true?  I see that I have been sleeping.  I garden only enough to have a few fresh veggies,  haven't canned in a couple of years, knitting is sporadic, not really doing holistic therapy anymore.   I have been underground with the Crone.   

So what is spurring the change now?  I feel like the snow is starting to melt, and a small trickle of cold water is starting to nourish my sleeping life.

The first thing that changed for me, was connecting again with community.  It is difficult to crawl out of the cave by yourself.  I am connecting with others, like Terri, who share a similar dream.  We feed off the energy of each other, and what we do together lifts us farther that any one of us can do alone.  I am so excited now for the possibilities of what we are starting in 2017.

The other thing that changed for me was how I was treating my body.  I was truly in hibernation mode.  I ate what I wanted, like a bear fattening up for winter, and I hardly moved.  The only exercise I got was the little walking I did at work, and riding my horse once every week or so.    A few weeks ago, I decided to make a change.  I joined Brightline Eating and started a sugar and flour free diet.  I am now feeding my body only whole natural foods.  It is hard some days, because I still get hungry and crave cookies or bread, but my body feels better getting the nutrients it needs.  I have energy, I don't get insulin highs and lows.  I'm actually up typing this blog at 10:30 at night an not even tired yet.  A month ago I was coming home from work and falling asleep on the couch in exhaustion.

Terri and I are on a similar whole foods path now, and we are looking forward to sharing our discoveries with you.  Terri's knowledge and wisdom and years of homesteading, gardening, and preparing organic whole foods as well as herbal remedies will be invaluable, and I know she loves to teach and share.   You may hear from me more on our sister site Gaia's Wheel, as energy work and women's spiritual journeys are more my bailiwick.  All in all, I am looking forward to sharing this new women's journey with you!  

Blessed Be!
Francine



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't live without our Horseradish!

Choiceless Awareness...Thoughts on Meditation